Programming for the Masses
January 22, 2012
Posted by on
Programming for the masses requires a programming language for the masses.
What will this programming language look like?
- Fault tolerant: ideally, the language should be able to process arbitrary input program, much like HTML
- Smooth learning curve: ideally, no learning is required to start using the language; every feature can be learned lazily, when needed.
- Intuitive syntax: ideally, the meaning of a program can be guessed by people without knowledge of the programming language
- Strong component support: ideally, people assemble applications much like what they do with furniture from IKEA; they don’t build from scratch
- Declarative whenever possible: ideally, application can be built declaratively
- Lean: as small as possible, but no smaller
Star Script is a programming language that tries to meet the above challenges.